Sunday, March 05, 2023

The Bookworm Tag


The (very simple) Rules:
-answer the questions 
-make up new ones 
-tag people

Rachel @ Edge of the Precipice tagged me for this Bookworm Tag. Thanks, Rachel. These were fun to go through after my long weekend.

Rachel's questions:

1.  If you had to go into the witness protection program, and they gave you the option of moving inside a book, where would you like to go?

This is such a happy question, and I wish it were true. If I didn't have to go on an adventure, I'd like to stay at Bilbo's in The Hobbit; however, if I would have to live out the story, then I would rather play it safe and hideaway in The Wind in the Willows!!! I'm crashing at Mole's. 

2.  Have you ever claimed to have read a book you actually hadn't read?

I sure hope I never did that. If I did, I had mistaken book identity.

3.  What author have you read the most books by? 

No surprise here: Laura Ingalls Wilder ~ 12 books; 
second place: Thomas Hardy ~ 8 books; 
runners up: Shakespeare, C. S. Lewis, and Austen ~ 7 books; 
Howard Pyle ~ 6 books; 
Steinbeck and Jean Fritz ~ 5 books; 
and beyond that, Cather, Dickens, Hemingway, and Suzanne Collins ~ 4 books. 

4.  Do you ever buy fun bookish merch like mugs, shirts, artwork, etc?

Yes. But it is more special when my husband does it for me. He once went to Spain and brought home a hand-painted mug of Don Quixote, and he didn't even know it was my favorite novel at the time. 😳


5.  Do you usually read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?

No, I'm crazy. I have at least five books going simultaneously. 

6.  Are you a mood reader, or do you plan out your reads?

Both. I always plan out my books for the year, and then scratch out half of them and add new ones. I'm a mess.  

7.  If you could meet the author of your favorite book and ask them one question, what would you ask them?

This is really hard for me. I'm stumped. 

8.  Have you ever tried a new food or drink because you read about it in a book or story?

Yes, I made clam chowder because of Moby Dick. It was delicious! I also made a homemade pound cake because I read about it in Uncle Tom's Cabin. Also delicious. 

9.  Have you ever named a pet after a book character? 

No, but my daughter and I have discussed owning several goats named after major characters from Jane Austen. Can you imagine calling after your goats with an English accent, "Mr. Bingley! Mr. Darcy! Miss Bennet!"

10.  What book are you reading right now?

Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy; 
The Self-Sufficient Backyard by Melchoire; 
Truth for Life by Alister Begg; 
and I expect to begin poetry by Keats tomorrow. 
And I have already ordered my next book for book club: Red Famine, by Applebaum. That's five. 

* * *

I'm supposed to make up questions and invite others to answer, but I don't know enough bloggers to tag who haven't already been tagged. I'll invite you to answer Rachel's questions, instead, if you would like to join. 

3 comments:

  1. Goats named after British aristocrats is a hilarious idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Don Quixote mug is wonderful!

    I always have multiple books going too.

    Anything named after Austen would be fun, but goats would somehow be particularly funny!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts...