Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Meant to Read in 2023, but...

 

These were the books I planned to read in 2023, but...I did not get to them. There were more than ten, but these are the TOP ten books that I wish I did, should have, and probably will later this year. (Right.)

1. Lewis: The Four Loves - Planning to read this year, for certain.


2. Goldman: The Princess Bride - But I still don't feel like reading this. I'm very mixed.

3. Rand: Anthem - I may try this this year.

4. Rand: Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal - But I may wait on this one. 


5. McCullough: 1776 - I will probably skip this one this year.


6. McCullough: John Adams - But I think I'm going to read this one this year.


7. McCullough: The Pioneers - And this one. More than anything, I want to read this one.


8. Wharton: The House of Mirth - Guess what! I'm already reading this now. This is a second read for me, and I am enjoying it even more. 


9. Fitzgerald: Great Gatsby - Definitely planning to read this again.


10. Orwell: 1984 - Definitely planning to re-read this later in 2024. I joined Brona's Reading Orwell 2024 event. 


Visit That Artsy Reader Girl to join this week's Top Ten Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. It's funny.....I've read The Four Loves three times in the last few years and have yet to manage to review it. "Capitalism" and "Romantic Manifesto" are my two un-read Rand books. I liked John Adams more than '76 -- I think the tight focus really helped the storytelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romantic Manifesto was very good and helped me understand her ideas so much better, as well as the differences between Naturalism and Romanticism. I always thought I was 100 percent naturalist, but I am not. And I don't want to be even more after reading her perspective.

      Yeah, I think I'm going to wait on 1776, and get right to JA and then The Pioneers.

      Delete
  2. THE PRINCESS BRIDE is a fun read. I definitely recommend it if you love the movie. I hope you enjoy it and all these others when you get to them.

    Happy TTT (on a Thursday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that. So I have to get into a mood for lighthearted sarcasm to read it. It's goo to know ahead of time.

      Delete

Share your thoughts...