Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books on My Shelves I Want to Read Soon

 


Speaking of Unread Books...

I finally finished Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Finally! That book had been on my dreaded unread shelf for maybe a decade?? And after reading that tome, I think I will forgo The Hunchback of Notre Dame. (I'll explain later.)

I also just started The Four Loves by C. S. Lewis, which had only been on there for a year or so. 

There are still 58 more unread books remaining that I am leery to get through. I made the mistake of buying too many used books from library sales in the past, when I was not able to read as quickly. At one time I had close to 200 unread books. I read some, I started others, but mostly, I had to be honest: I was never, ever going to read many of them; hence, they were given new homes. These are all that are left.


Some Unreads

Of the remaining, these are the top ten, as of today (because I'm moody), that I would like to read soon:

1776 / John Adams / The Pioneers by David McCullough (all three)

Anthem by Ayn Rand

One Bad Apple by Rachel Kovaciny

Middlemarch by George Eliot

The Jungle by Upton Sinclair

The Woodlanders by my favorite Thomas Hardy (This would be a re-start.)

The Light and the Glory by Peter Marshall 

The Greatest Faith Ever Known by Fulton Oursler. 

* * * 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...