Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday : Books I Was Excited to Get but Still Haven't Read

The problem with getting excited about a book and receiving it, but not having the room to read it at the moment is that life moves by very quickly, and before you know it, that excitement wanes. I have the same problem with planning books to read ahead of time. It sounds like a good idea at the time, but when the time comes, I no longer have the same desire. BUT it does not always mean I will bypass reading the book; it is that I have collected so many others since that now I want to read something else. 

But I am catching up. Meanwhile, here are ten books (on my unread shelf) that I was excited to purchase or receive, but still have not read.

Someone dumped several Ronald Reagan books off at my library, and I bought all of them. This one is his diary, which he wrote in every single day that he was president for eight years. I picked this up years ago, and I still have not read it, or any of the other ones. 



I think I found the next two David McCullough's in the library for super cheap several years ago, and still have not cracked them -- although John Adams is in the wings



This following one, The Pioneers, I convinced my husband to buy for me, for Christmas 2019 or 2020. I want to read the other two preceding titles first before I start this one. It may be a few years, or maybe not, if I really enjoy McCullough's style, which I have heard really great things. 


The Aeneid has been on my shelf forever. No excuses. :(


The next two are also ancient. I read The Purgatorio, but...


I don't remember when I got Middlemarch, but I plan to finally read it this year. We'll see...



Finally, my husband also bought these for me, probably along with The Pioneers, back in 2019 or 20, with a few other titles. I read the others, but I've got these to read now. Still.  

3 comments:

  1. The Aeneid is one I've been meaning to get to as well. I'm also hoping to read Middlemarch this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way this is Amanda (the fox in snow on goodreads)

      Delete
    2. Hi, Amanda, We're in the same boat. I will most likely start Middlemarch this year, but I doubt I will finish it; however, the Aeneid, I'll need to be in an antiquity kind of mind.

      Delete

Share your thoughts...