Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday : Books on My Fall 2024 To-Read List

I am resigned to adhere to and complete my unread books. Therefore, this is the most boring list of projected books I have for fall. I can't even list ten because I cannot add more books to my list since I am reading less than ever, and I am behind seven books from my goal of fifty for the year. Realistically, the best I can do is to finish a few of these before the end of fall. LOL.

1. Hardy : The Woodlanders - going to try one more time. If Hardy doesn't re-captivate me with this one, then I know it wasn't to be.

2. Dana: Two Years Before the Mast - an unread. A true story about going to sea.


3. Morris : The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt - continue reading. Gratefully loving this tome; and when I am done, I have a second one by Morris to begin. 

4. Hughes : Unmet Expectations - continue reading for book club. We have about six more chapters.

5. McGee : Thru the Bible - continue reading. Will always be reading this, forever and ever. 

6. McCullough : 1776 - picking up where I left off. I should be ok to finish this one now. 

7. Oursler / Armstrong : The Greatest Faith Ever Known - an unread. Really interested to read this story version of the New Testament. 

6 comments:

  1. I remember trying Two Years Before the Mast a couple of times but had a hard time getting into it. It's one I would consider trying again, though. Looking forward to your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started the first chapter, but I've been really distracted for a week. (Yesterday we went through a hurricane.) It's just been one thing after another. So nothing spectacular, yet. We'll see how it goes once I start reading again.

      Delete
  2. Good luck getting through your unread list. Blessings, Jessica 💌

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that The Woodlanders took a long time for me to get into, but Hardy, the true tragic master that he was, will not let you down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I struggled getting into it, and I read at least 1/3 of it. That usually doesn't happen for me w/ Hardy. But we'll see.

      Delete

Share your thoughts...