Friday, March 31, 2023

Monthly Recap: March 2023


I decided to bail on The Red Famine: Stalin's War on Ukraine after a few chapters because I found it overwhelming, and I was not fully invested. It is almost 400 pages and I was reading it for book club, but I knew I was not going to finish it in time next month. I started to speed read through it, which I thought was silly and wasteful. So I stopped before I wasted anymore time. I am already struggling to find time to read. 

Unread Books Beginning in March: 81


What I finished reading: 3 books and selected poems

Tolstoy: Anna Karenina (TWEM re-read, book club) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Hanff: 84, Charing Cross Road (book club) (unread -1) ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Melchiore: The Self-Sufficient Backyard (unread -1) ⭐⭐⭐

Keats: selected poetry (TWEM) ⭐⭐⭐


What I am still reading:

Begg: Truth for Life

Hardy: Return of the Native (TWEM re-read)

MacArthur: Because the Time is Near (re-read)


What I just started reading:

MacArthur: Freedom from Sin (unread)

Rand: The Virtue of Selfishness (unread)

Achebe: Things Fall Apart (unread)

Schweikart: A Patriot's History (unread/continued from 2021)

Malone: Lies My Gov't Told Me: and the Better Future Coming (Kindle)


Bails: 1

Applebalm: The Red Famine [book club] (library book)


Unshelved: 1

Married to a Difficult Man


Added: + 1

Freedom from Sin


Unreads Remaining: 80

* * *

January Recap

February Recap

2 comments:

  1. My choice of books to read earlier this year tended to lean to the heavier/more brain type which slowed me down but I've just finished one of the biggies. Finishing A.K. is a good outcome! I'm going to be a bit more careful on how many & what types of books I take on at the one time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a good idea for me, too...being mindful of how many and what kinds.

      Delete

Share your thoughts...