Monday, August 01, 2022

July Monthly Recap 2022

Keeping track of my unread shelf and trying to thin it out. See Whitney @ The Unread Shelf Project for more info.  Un-shelved books are donated because I don't expect to read them again. It was a thin reading month.

My favorite books for July are four and five stars.

Five stars  Four stars  Three stars  Two stars



Unread book beginning in July: 110

Finished Reading in July: -2

You Who? Why You Matter & How to Deal With It - Rachel Jankovic (unread)

A Moveable Feast - Ernest Hemingway (unread)

Bailed: 0

Un-shelved (donated): -0

Added: +2

If You Will Ask - Oswald Chambers (a gift)

Creation to Babel - Ken Ham

Unread Books Remaining: 110

* * *

Currently STILL reading:

Truth For Life - Alistair Begg

A Patriot's History of the United States  - Larry Schweikart

Code Name Verity - Elizabeth Wein

If You Will Ask - Oswald Chambers

Bleak House - Charles Dickens

Paradise Lost - John Milton

Polycarp The Crown of Fire - William Newsom

Creation to Babel - Ken Ham


Recap for January 2022

Recap for February 2022

Recap for March 2022

Recap for April 2022

Recap for May 2022

Recap for June 2022

4 comments:

  1. I hope you are enjoying reading Bleak House by Charles Dickens - It was a very long read for me, but I did enjoy it. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is quite a commitment, and I am doing a terrible job reading it. I had two months to read it for my book club; we meet next Tuesday, and I'm only on chapter 9! I have been so confused. I am not much of a Dickens fan. A friend suggested listening to it, and that is what I started to do, but I'm still lagging. I know it is good, but I am in a whole different place in reading these days, and I am very distracted. :(

      Delete
  2. Aw I am sorry to hear you aren't doing that well with Bleak House. While I really enjoyed it, it is one of Dickens' densest and most convoluted tale, so probably not the best one for someone who is not a huge fan of him! I hope you are able to do your best with it or move on to something easier and enjoyable for you. No shame in putting a book down. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. You are right. It is the wrong time for such an essential book. I think I will put it aside and wait for a better time to read it so I don't end up hating it. I know my book club will understand. Thanks!

      Delete

Share your thoughts...