Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August Monthly Recap 2022


Keeping track of my unread shelf and trying to thin it out. See Whitney @ The Unread Shelf Project for more info.  Un-shelved books are donated because I don't expect to read them again. 

My favorite books for August are four and five stars.




Unread books beginning in August: 110

Finished Reading in August: 5

  • Newsom: Polycarp: The Crown of Fire ⭐⭐⭐ (-1 unread) 
  • Chambers: If You Will Ask ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (-1 unread) 
  • Milton: Paradise Lost ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (-1 unread) 
  • Blake: Songs of Innocence and of Experience ⭐⭐⭐
  • Popov: Tortured for His Faith ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (-1 unread) 

Bailed: 1

  • Dickens: Bleak House  (read 9 chapters)

Un-shelved (donated): 1

  • Newsom: Polycarp: The Crown of Fire

Added: +0


Unread Books Remaining: 106

* * *

Currently STILL reading:

Truth For Life - Alistair Begg

A Patriot's History of the United States  - Larry Schweikart

Code Name Verity - Elizabeth Wein

Creation to Babel - Ken Ham

The Hiding Place - Corrie Ten Boom


ARCHIVES:

Recap for January 2022

Recap for February 2022

Recap for March 2022

Recap for April 2022

Recap for May 2022

Recap for June 2022

Recap for July 2022

6 comments:

  1. Farewell, Bleak House? Are you going to try it again in the future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was reading it for my book club, and I fell behind. Plus, I was already reading too much, and it wasn't my favorite to go to; so I will return to it at a different time in my life.

      Delete
  2. I'm working hard at thinning my TBR shelves too. #TheUnreadShelfProject is really helpful with that, and I'm almost down to my goal for this year, which is good since people often give me books for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! But now Christmas is coming soon!

      Since I moved in Feb, I have received ten books as gifts, which rarely happens, and it has totally set me back in my unreadshelf project.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I learned over the last two years of doing the challenge that I should get to my goal well before Christmas and then work down a bit below it so that, if I got books as gifts, it wouldn't make me suddenly above my goal with no time left to remedy it.

      Still, having lots of books left to read is not actually a "problem," right?

      Delete
    3. I feel like it is a problem because some time ago I had a talk with myself...and I am not allowed to personally buy any new books until I read down this list!!! (And so I've been visiting the library a lot. LOL!)

      Delete

Share your thoughts...